Books Bought!







My friend Cindy hosts this meme profiling books bought recently. You can see her recent purchases here.



Last week I bought the second book in Stieg Larsson's trilogy, The Girl Who Played with Fire. I haven't read the first one yet, but I'm planning to get to it this summer.


In an earlier post, I wrote about a 'tug-of-book' I had with my husband about a novel that was in our bookstore. I wanted it but it was the store copy so I didn't get it. Laura Fabiani generously gave me her copy of The Thirteenth Tale and so I didn't need the store copy any longer. Well, this time around it's my husband who wants The Girl Who Played with Fire. I've told him he's going to have to wait for it!

6 comments:

cindysloveofbooks on March 29, 2010 at 9:23 AM said...

I actually was going to buy this one and probably will pick it up at costco. I haven't read the first one yet but plan too.

Hey Donna we should form a mini book club this summer and discuss both of those books LOL

bermudaonion on March 29, 2010 at 9:57 AM said...

I still need to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! How nice of Laura Fabiani!! Enjoy your new books!

Linda Nguyen on March 29, 2010 at 2:05 PM said...

I'd like to read Stieg Larsson's books too. I remember seeing the cover for the third book somewhere. Too many books, so little time! =) Happy reading!

avisannschild on March 29, 2010 at 4:04 PM said...

I've heard great things about these books but I'm also a bit afraid they will be too nasty for me. A book club sounds like a great idea! (One more thing for us all to do, although this book doesn't sound like Tina's cup of tea!)

Ha-ha, that's funny that you're making your hubby wait for this one!

Laura at Library of Clean Reads on March 30, 2010 at 3:59 PM said...

LOL, I could just see the two of you fighting for it!

Bibliobabe on April 6, 2010 at 9:55 AM said...

Ohhh....you will love the Stieg Larsson books! They are perfect summer reads.

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)