Books On My Shelves



This week I'm featuring a book called Death at La Fenice by Donna Leon. It's the first in the Guido Brunetti mystery series. I love mysteries and if they're set in an exotic location (well, anywhere outside of Montreal can be exotic to me!), so much the better.

The description on the back of this book reads:

There is little violent crime in Venice, a serenely beautiful floating city of mystery and magic, history and decay. But the evil that does occasionally rear its head is the jurisdiction of Guido Brunetti, the suave, urbane vice-commissario of police and a genius at detection. Now all of his admirable abilities must come into play in the deadly affair of Maestro Helmut Wellauer, a world-renowned conductor who died painfully from cyanide poisoning during an intermission at La Fenice.

But as the investigation unfolds, a chilling picture slowly begins to take shape -- a detailed portrait of revenge painted with vivid strokes of hatred and shocking depravity. And the dilemma for Guido Brunetti will not be finding a murder suspect, but rather narrowing the choices down to one.


I'm putting this on my TBR pile for the summer!

3 comments:

bermudaonion on March 19, 2010 at 10:46 AM said...

Montreal sounds exotic to me!

Tina on March 19, 2010 at 6:54 PM said...

This has been on my shelf for ages...I've read (or listened to) almost the entire series, but have never read the 1st one. I'm thinking it will make a great 'sit on the deck in the sunshine' read when spring finally arrives here in Maine.

If you've never read any of this great series, you're in for a treat.

Literary Feline on March 21, 2010 at 3:13 PM said...

A friend of mine recommended this series to me years ago, but I have still yet to try it. I have a copy of this book in my TBR collection. Probably should try and get to it soon!

(The word verification is "parker". And look who just arrived wanting pets--my cat with the same name!)

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)