Mailbox Monday October 31, 2011




In October Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Savvy Verse & Wit.




Last week I attended the book launch for Yellow Mini by Lori Weber. The description of Yellow Mini reads:

Mark, Mr. Popularity, tools around town in the yellow mini left to him by his recently deceased father; his new girlfriend Stacey can’t believe her luck, but doesn’t understand Mark’s odd need to disappear into the woods from time to time; her former friends Mary and Annabelle try to find their place in the world – shy Mary transforms into a concert pianist and Annabelle into an world-changing activist with the idealistic and adoring Christopher by her side. In the background, the teens’ parents struggle with their desire to protect their children, yet give them room to grow into the adults they must become. Each voice tells his or her story in powerful free verse.


This book is written in verse - the first of its kind that I've read. I started reading it and it's hard to put down! It just flows. This is a great YA novel!

12 comments:

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict on October 31, 2011 at 8:24 AM said...

Glad to read that you like this one. I think the cover is so cute!

Serena on October 31, 2011 at 9:22 AM said...

I like the cover of this one. I hadn't heard of it. I hope you enjoy it.

Laurel-Rain Snow on October 31, 2011 at 10:04 AM said...

This one looks intriguing...thanks for sharing.

Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
MY WEBSITE

Laura at Library of Clean Reads on October 31, 2011 at 11:30 AM said...

A book written in verse--that is different! Enjoy.

Beth(bookaholicmom) on October 31, 2011 at 11:39 AM said...

This sounds like a cute read!

Mary (Bookfan) on October 31, 2011 at 11:51 AM said...

The cover definitely sells this book :)

Anonymous said...

Very interesting, enjoy!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/mailbox-monday_31.html

DCMetroreader on October 31, 2011 at 1:14 PM said...

Yellow Mini sounds like a fun read.

bermudaonion on October 31, 2011 at 1:17 PM said...

I love books written in verse! I bet that one is fun!

cindysloveofbooks on October 31, 2011 at 2:00 PM said...

Donna, when I went to see the book launch Lori told me I had just missed you.

Its a cute little book I am enjoying it as well.

Ann Summerville on October 31, 2011 at 4:39 PM said...

I've heard of several books written in verse lately.
Ann

Staci on October 31, 2011 at 7:27 PM said...

I love books in verse..this one is a new title to me. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)