Books On My Shelves


I usually go to my bookstore on a Saturday or Sunday and spend the day working on paperwork (ugh!) but I also spend time perusing the shelves and tables looking for the books that have come in during the past week. So I thought I would do a post about books that I find on the shelves that I've never seen before. The only problem is I don't have a button that goes can go with it. I don't know how to make buttons! If anyone can point me in the right direction on finding out how to make one I'd very much appreciate it!


This week I found a series by Wilbur Smith. The first book, called River God is described on the back cover:

In the city of Thebes at the Festival of Osiris, loyal subjects of the Pharaoh gather to pay homage to their leader. But Taita, a wise and formidably gifted eunuch slave, sees him only as a symbol of a kingdom's fading glory. Beside Taita stand his proteges: Lostris, daugher of Lord Intef, beautiful beyond her fourteen years; and Tanus, proud young army officer, who has vowed to avenge the death - at Intef's hand - of his father, and seize Lostris as his prize. Together they share a dream - to restore the majesty of the Pharaoh of Pharaohs on the glittering banks of the Nile.

The other three novels in this series are The Seventh Scroll, Warlock and The Quest. They sound like great historical adventure novels that I could get lost in. I'm putting this series on my TBR list and returning the book to the shelf (no matter how painful that act is!).

1 comments:

bermudaonion on January 22, 2010 at 9:21 AM said...

Great post! I wish I knew how to make buttons! The book is new to me, too.

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)