Mailbox Monday March 28, 2011



In March, Mailbox Monday is being hosted by I'm Booking It.





Last week I received A Trail Of Ink by Mel Starr. The book's description from LibraryThing reads:

Some valuable books have been stolen from Master John Wyclif, the well known scholar and Bible translator. He calls upon his friend and former pupil, Hugh de Singleton, to investigate. Hugh's investigation leads him to Oxford where he again encounters Kate, the only woman who has tempted him to leave bachelor life behind, but Kate has another serious suitor. As Hugh's pursuit of Kate becomes more successful, mysterious accidents begin to occur. Are these accidents tied to the missing books, or to his pursuit of Kate?

One of the stolen books turns up alongside the drowned body of a poor Oxford scholar. Another accident? Hugh certainly doesn’t think so, but it will take all of his surgeon’s skills to prove.

So begins another delightful and intriguing tale from the life of Hugh de Singleton, surgeon in the medieval village of Bampton. Masterfully researched by medieval scholar Mel Starr, the setting of the novel can be visited and recognized in modern-day England. Enjoy more of Hugh’s dry wit, romantic interests, evolving faith, and dogged determination as he pursues his third case as bailiff of Bampton.


So far the reviews for this book have been excellent. It's exactly the kind of book I'm attracted to so I'm excited about reading it.

13 comments:

DCMetroreader on March 28, 2011 at 9:16 AM said...

Hope you enjoy your new book!

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting...enjoy your read!

Here's my Mailbox Monday

Mystica on March 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM said...

Sounds good. Enjoy your read.

Wendi on March 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM said...

It sounds like a great story, and I love the cover. :)

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Kate {The Parchment Girl} on March 28, 2011 at 1:02 PM said...

I've been wanting to read the series that this book is a part of! Have you read the first 2 books? Did you like them?

bermudaonion on March 28, 2011 at 1:55 PM said...

I hope it's as good as it sounds!

Anonymous said...

This looks great, enjoy your read, come by and see mine.

Laura at Library of Clean Reads on March 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM said...

This sounds like my kind of book too! Will look forward to your review.

Jules on March 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM said...

This sounds like something that I would enjoy too.

I'm jealous :)

I look forward to reading what you think.

Happy reading.

Jules

Beth(bookaholicmom) on March 28, 2011 at 5:17 PM said...

This book sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy it!

Staci on March 28, 2011 at 6:42 PM said...

I hope you enjoy it...love the cover for it!

Laura @ I'm Booking It on March 28, 2011 at 7:54 PM said...

How intriguing! I haven't seen this one before.

Enjoy your reading, and thank you for participating in Mailbox Monday.

Mary (Bookfan) on March 28, 2011 at 8:12 PM said...

I hope you enjoy it!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)