I cannot say that things began well...




The following is a guest post by my husband, Pierre.

Day one in the Big Apple

Like every day, this day really began the night before when Donna (she who must be obeyed, and no eye-rolling) informed me that we had to meet her buddies from the hood (Avis, Tina, Cindy and Linda) at 9:00 a.m. WTF, I shouted, and not the annoying acronym either. That meant waking up at 7:00 a.m., something that my doctor told me never ever to do the way I drink. But there was nothing for it. By the time room service came with the breakfast at 8:00 a.m., I already knew that I had grown a brain tumor overnight. I was dizzy and my head felt other-worldy and brain-tumory. The breakfast sausages were clearly a cruel joke by the hotel staff; they looked like cadaver fingers, the kind that are dragged out of the lake a few weeks after the accident, but I ate them anyway. Thankfully, I was miraculously healed by noon and then spent a great day doing stuff. Not sure exactly what, but I'm sure it was fun.

7 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on May 25, 2010 at 8:11 PM said...

Can't wait to see how your BEA experience progresses. More pictures please :) have fun

Linda Nguyen on May 26, 2010 at 12:24 AM said...

... no comment.

Laura at Library of Clean Reads on May 26, 2010 at 12:39 AM said...

Stuck with a bunch of book blogging females in NY? LOL C'mon, you'll have more fun than you think. Nice pic!

Staci on May 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM said...

Pierre...I like you!!!

Tina on May 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM said...

Staying at the hotel and sleeping might have been an alternative to spending the norning walking around NYC with 5 gorgeous girls....

bermudaonion on June 4, 2010 at 1:32 PM said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

oh your husband does tell a good story! keep blogging...love reading your reviews even though i don't say much very often.

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)