Books Bought







My friend Cindy hosts this weekly meme profiling books bought recently. You can see her recent purchases here.




I know I shouldn't buy any books with the holidays coming on but I've tempted fate and went and bought one. The Twentieth Wife by Indu Sundaresan attracted me at first glance because of its cover and then by the description on the inside flap:



She came into the world in the year 1577, to the howling accompaniment of a ferocious winter storm. As the daughter of starving refugees fleeing violent persecution in Persia, her fateful birth in a roadside tent sparked a miraculous reversal of faimily fortune, culminating in her father's introduction to the court of Emperor Akbar. She is called Mehrunnisa, the Sun of Women. This is her story.


I enjoy historical fiction and I'm looking forward to reading this book!

5 comments:

bermudaonion on December 7, 2009 at 8:16 AM said...

I can see why you bought that one! You deserve a treat. Enjoy!

Marce on December 7, 2009 at 3:40 PM said...

Your better than me, I bought 4 :-0 I have promised myself no more before the holidays though.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/12/yaaaaaaaay-new-books.html

Staci on December 7, 2009 at 4:02 PM said...

Interesting time in history...I hope you enjoy it!

Laura at Library of Clean Reads on December 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM said...

Okay, another book to add to my TBR list! You're right. This one sounds fantastic.

Literary Feline on December 8, 2009 at 11:55 PM said...

This one sounds like it will be good. I'm trying to behave myself and not buy any books until after Christmas. It's been really hard.

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)