Book Blogger Holiday Swap



This was the first time that I've taken part in the book blogger holiday swap. It was fun and just the thing to kick of the holiday season. I chose to go international and so last week I received a package of goodies from Brussels!

It was a very pleasant surprise when I got home from work to find this box. My daughter encouraged me not to open it until Christmas Day but I knew I wanted to compose a blog post about it so I compromised and took a picture of the contents still wrapped in the paper they came in. I can't tell you how difficult it was (and is) not to rip open that paper! Nevertheless, I didn't (and haven't), but the box, due to customs regulations, lists the contents so I know there is a mouth-watering treat in there too. There is also a very nice note which I did open. It mentions that choosing a book for someone who owns a bookstore proved to be a challenge. I actually hadn't thought of that before now but yes, of course it would be! Whatever the book is though - just the thought that it's come from someone in Brussels is so much fun. So, thank you, thank you to the kind, generous person who sent this gift to Canada!



Next week, I will post another picture with the contents revealed!

6 comments:

bermudaonion on December 21, 2009 at 8:41 AM said...

It would be hard to buy a book for you! What fun to get a gift from Belgium. Enjoy!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on December 21, 2009 at 8:59 AM said...

can't wait for the reveal. enjoy :)

DCMetroreader on December 21, 2009 at 9:32 AM said...

Sorry I missed the Book Blog exchange it looks like it was a lot of fun!

cindysloveofbooks on December 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM said...

Donna you must be dying of curiousity about who sent you the goodies and what you got.

Merry Christmas.

Staci on December 21, 2009 at 6:28 PM said...

Mine are sitting under the tree too...can't wait to see what you received!!

Literary Feline on December 21, 2009 at 10:25 PM said...

You are so good, waiting until Christmas to open your gifts. :-) I can't wait to see what you got.

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)