Tuesday Teasers



This is my first Tuesday Teasers post which is hosted by Should Be Reading. I'm going to follow Avis's modified rules which are as follows:

Grab your current read and choose two or three “teaser” sentences more or less at random from the book, anywhere on the page. Share the title of the book that you’re getting the teaser from. People can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! Please avoid spoilers! Read the official Tuesday Teaser Rules.




My Teaser from The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe:

Despite her best efforts to feel at ease in Granna's house, Connie often discovered herself to be confined-hiding almost-in the kitchen. Her sharply circumscribed orbit could be blamed on the antique icebox, with its tempting, liftable lid, the only source of cool air in the dense heat of midsummer. (page 198).

7 comments:

avisannschild on July 14, 2009 at 12:27 PM said...

I've heard mixed reviews of this book, so I'll be curious to hear what you think!

avisannschild on July 14, 2009 at 12:53 PM said...

I didn't realize that you'd borrowed my modified rules because you left out the biggest modification, the "more or less at random"! (In fact, my teasers are almost never random.)

Donna on July 14, 2009 at 12:57 PM said...

Avis - I just didn't want to copy word for word from you...but I can put it back.

Mary (Bookfan) on July 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM said...

Very descriptive teaser. Happy reading!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on July 14, 2009 at 10:31 PM said...

this looks really good; thanks

Linda Nguyen on July 16, 2009 at 5:05 PM said...

Hi Donna,

Just stopping by to say there's something waiting for you to pick up. =)

http://bambireads.blogspot.com/2009/07/lets-be-friends-award.html

Angela on July 19, 2009 at 10:34 AM said...

Thanks for the excerpt. I like the cover to that book.

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)