Happy Easter and other things!!!




Happy Easter! Now, I know the dog does not symbolize Easter in any way but I stuck him there for another reason - yesterday was my birthday and I just had to say what a great day it was!

My husband told earlier in the week he wanted to take me out for lunch to a local restaurant for my birthday which I thought was a bit strange at first because usually a dinner would be the thing to do. But he suggested he'd make me a nice dinner instead of us going out and since he hardly ever cooks I thought that would be really special.

Anyway, we got to the restaurant and waited to be seated. Well at least I did – my husband walked right in past the greeting stand then came back once he realized I wasn’t following him. I told him we had to wait and he said no, no, it’s not crowded yet, it’s only noon and he started pushing me to go. I realized why when several of my friends popped out behind a wall and yelled 'SURPRISE!'

I have to admit I was thoroughly shocked. It's a busy weekend for everyone - preparations for holiday dinner and visiting family for Easter so it was nice that my friends made time for a birthday lunch. I had a great time laughing and chatting and the food was wonderful. I was especially taken aback to see a friend who I had been shopping with the day before and was from out of town and I thought (mistakenly) she was back home by yesterday! I want to thank my friends for a fabulous afternoon!

But also I was totally, completely, utterly, entirely (you get the picture) surprised at my husband for organizing this lunch for me. Not that he wouldn't do something nice for me. Not at all. It’s just that I didn't pick up on it!!! There was no hint, no clue – I was utterly unsuspecting. He later told me it took him more than a month to get it together - he wanted to be sure that my out-of-town friend would be able to make it on the actual day and there were emails back and forth to my friends and phone calls and planning the timing of it and so on.

So, I have to say to my husband – thank you and I love you!!!


As for my birthday dinner, we did go out again, but just with my small family. My daughter talked my husband out of cooking dinner since he only knows how to make Kraft dinner and..., no that's it, just Kraft dinner.

4 comments:

bermudaonion on April 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday gift! Happy late birthday and Happy Easter!

avisannschild on April 13, 2009 at 12:50 AM said...

Happy belated birthday! What a fabulous surprise!

cindysloveofbooks on April 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM said...

Happy Belated birthday Donna. All the best and that was so sweet of your hubby to do that for you.

See you Friday.

Literary Feline on April 14, 2009 at 6:32 PM said...

What a wonderful birthday surprise! Happy belated birthday! I hope you are stretching it out and still celebrating. :-)

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)