I'm going Book Expo America next week with my husband. Also attending BEA will be Cindy, Linda, Tina and Avis. All of us are traveling by train so and it's going to be a bit of trek. I took the train last year too and though it was quite long it was really nice. The scenery along the Hudson River was breathtaking and because the train was sparsely populated, most people had two seats to themselves and so it was possible to stretch out. I'm hoping it will be a similar trip this year...though traveling with my blogger buddies will make for a very fun ride!
This is my tentative schedule for the week:
- Likely will visit The Strand and a couple of other book stores. - Visit the New York Public Library and a museum (maybe the Natural History). - Dinner with my blogger buddies.
- BEA all day. - Broadway show at 8 p.m. with Cindy and Linda (Mary Poppins)
- I may or may not go back to BEA - playing it by ear. - Museum again (probably the Metropolitan, though I'd like to visit MOMA too) - Meandering walk through Central Park - Dinner and another Broadway Show (Chicago) (I know, I know, but I LOVE Broadway shows)
- I'm keeping this open for various sightseeing possibilities; perhaps go see the Cloisters.
- Train ride home, during which I will have plenty of time to start planning next year's trip!
Since I'm taking the week off from work during a very busy time I'll be checking in daily to deal with office stuff. That's not ideal but not so bad either when I consider the alternative of not going to New York at all!