Mailbox Monday


Marcia at The Printed Page hosts this weekly meme. Head over to her site to see her mailbox Monday and to comment on yours. This is what I received the past week:




I received Dead Men's Boots by Mike Carey from Hachette. Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay came in the mail from Random House and looks really good.

My monthly meet-up took place yesterday and I received these 3 books: Swimsuit by James Patterson was from Cindy, Stardust by Joseph Kanon was from Tina and The Professors' Wives Club by Joanne Rendell was from Avis. Cindy has posted photos of the tea shop where we meet. Thank you for all the books, ladies!


Cindy is also hosting a weekly books bought meme. Head over Cindy's Love of Books to see what she bought the past week. I went to Clio's, a local indie, and purchased:


Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris, Telling Tales by Anne Cleeves and Noble House by James Clavell.

By the way, I love the brand new books bought logo, Cindy!

8 comments:

avisannschild on July 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM said...

You got lots of books this week! Happy reading!

Literary Feline on July 6, 2009 at 6:28 PM said...

Dead Men's Boots and Fear the Worst sound really good! Enjoy all of your new books!

cindysloveofbooks on July 6, 2009 at 7:19 PM said...

Thanks Donna but you really have to thank my friend Michael for doing it for me.

You are more the welcome for the book. I am happy it found a nice to new home to go too.

bermudaonion on July 6, 2009 at 8:18 PM said...

You had a good week! I won Swimsuit and I'm hoping it gets here before I go to the beach.

Kristi on July 7, 2009 at 9:23 AM said...

I like the idea of meeting up and switching books - I might need to set this up here! You got some good books this week - enjoy them!

Donna on July 7, 2009 at 11:38 AM said...

Thanks, Avis.

Literary Feline - I'm looking forward to reading them. Lots of plans this summer to do nothing but read!

Hey Cindy - Michael's very talented. I notice he's got a spiffy 'M' for his blogger logo too.

Thanks, Kathy. I hope you get the book before your beach trip.

Hi Kristi, Yes, our meet-ups are so great. I can't believe the last one lasted four hours. I was shocked when I looked at my watch! Thanks for your comment.

Linda Nguyen on July 8, 2009 at 1:55 AM said...

*gasp* You've gotten yourself some really REALLY good books. Star Dust isn't released yet, is it? You're lucky. Dead Men's Boots sounds good too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for commenting. I appreciate it.

Happy reading! =)

Luanne on July 10, 2009 at 10:04 PM said...

Ohh you got some good ones - I'm jealous about the Barclay!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)