BEA and New York!



For the third consecutive year I will be heading to New York to attend Book Expo America and be a tourist in New York City. The first year it was just my husband and I but last year we went with four other Canadian bloggers - Avis from She Reads and Reads, Cindy from Cindy's Love of Books, Linda from Better with Books and Tina from Bookshipper. We took the twelver-hour train ride there and back together and I have very fond memories of those hours!




BEA was and is a huge treat! It's a chance to meet other like-minded individuals and confirm a strong connection in a very real way with the book industry. I have not had the opportunity to attend the Book Blogger Convention held during the same time period, but I'm told that it's also a great opportunity to meet other bloggers and receive all the dos and don'ts of blogging.

And then there's New York of course. I'm planning on seeing two Broadway shows, visiting museums, The Strand and Housing Works Bookstore Cafe, Central Park...well, the list goes on and on!

I'll miss being with my Montreal blogger friends this year, but hopefully they'll (or some of them) be attending BEA in 2012. And to anyone else who is going, I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

5 comments:

cindysloveofbooks on May 16, 2011 at 9:27 AM said...

Have fun Donna. I miss not going this year and looking forward to next year. It was alot of fun great memories :)

bermudaonion on May 16, 2011 at 10:13 AM said...

I hope I get to see you again this year!

Tina on May 16, 2011 at 12:11 PM said...

Have fun! Go for a stroll through the Strand for me :)

avisannschild on May 16, 2011 at 5:52 PM said...

Have a fabulous time, Donna, and don't forget to take lots of pictures! We will expect a full report when you get back! :)

Beth(bookaholicmom) on May 18, 2011 at 8:37 AM said...

Have fun at BEA! I look forward to hearing all about it!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)