Tuesday Teasers



Tuesday Teasers is hosted by Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:



Grab your current read and let the book fall open to a random page. Share two sentences somewhere between lines 7 and 12 and the title of the book that you’re getting the teaser from. Please avoid spoilers! Read the official Tuesday Teaser Rules.




From page 66, Dead Men's Boots by Mike Carey (pic of the cover is just on the sidebar):

I lifted my glass for one last swig of beer, and changed my mind when I felt how close it now was to room temperature. "I said I knew Coldwood. That doesn't mean we're picking out curtains."


Technically that's three sentences but I think it's better than just the first two!

3 comments:

Missy B. on August 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM said...

That sounds like sarcastic humor...right up my alley! Good teaser!

Anonymous said...

Snippy, indeed.

By the way, there's a great discussion going over at Marie's blog about what people want in their bookstore, thought you'd like to take a glance at it - here.

Linda Nguyen on August 26, 2009 at 3:50 PM said...

Nice teaser. When I post up teasers, I also end up going over the sentence limit. Sometimes, two just isn't enough. =)

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)