Tuesday Teasers



Tuesday Teasers is hosted by Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:


Grab your current read and let the book fall open to a random page. Share two sentences from somewhere on that page and the title of the book that you’re getting the teaser from. Please avoid spoilers! Read the official Tuesday Teaser Rules.





My teaser this week is from The Case Against Owen Williams by Allan Donaldson, a book I won through the LibraryThing early reviewer programme. From page 100:

The building was every bit as ugly as he remembered it, and he mounted the front steps under the squat, crennellated tower, a quotation began floating around somewhere just out of reach of consciousness. It came to him as he was pushing open the door, a snippet from Browning that had struck him as fine stuff when he had come across it in a second-year English course:

In a sheet of flame,
I saw them and I knew them all. And yet
Dauntless the slug-horn to my lips I set.
And blew.
"Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came."

5 comments:

Willa on November 16, 2010 at 7:16 AM said...

Cool, thanks for sharing

gautami tripathy on November 16, 2010 at 8:27 AM said...

Wonderful teaser! Sounds like a good read.

Teaser Tuesday: Trapped on Mystery Island by John Howard Reid

Belinda on November 16, 2010 at 8:44 AM said...

Sounds like an interesting book your reading :) You can find my teaser at The Bookish Snob

Beth F on November 16, 2010 at 12:51 PM said...

I read that a long time ago -- good stuff.

Staci on November 16, 2010 at 8:31 PM said...

That teaser really reflects the cover to me!!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)