Tuesday Teasers



Tuesday Teasers is hosted by Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:


Grab your current read and let the book fall open to a random page. Share two sentences from somewhere on that page and the title and author of the book. Please avoid spoilers! Read the official Tuesday Teaser Rules.





My teaser this week is from Good Enough to Eat by Stacy Ballis. From page 58:

'She is like no one I've ever known, and even though she has been working at the store for a week, and has just moved into my home, I'm keenly aware of not knowing her, not being fully comfortable with her, and yet, feeling somehow better when she is around, which instead of being a comfort, worries me. The last time I felt generically better in someone's company was with Andrew, and that sense was so misplaced, that security so false, I'm now fairly certain that I'm somehow the worst barometer of human trustworthiness in the universe.'

4 comments:

mpartyka on August 31, 2010 at 9:27 AM said...

I received this book yesterday - I can't wait to read it but I'm a sucker for a memoir!

I hope you are enjoying it.

Belinda on August 31, 2010 at 9:29 AM said...

Thanks for sharing the teaser. Sounds interesting :)

Here's my teaser

Deepali on August 31, 2010 at 10:02 AM said...

Very nice! I have also felt like I am the worst barometer of people, but never been able to express it so well.. :)

Here is my teaser:
e-Volving Books

I also have an entirely new style for the blog - including a brand new, self-designed Header!
And a new name!! Come check it out :)

Staci on August 31, 2010 at 5:44 PM said...

I have felt like that a time or two myself!!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)