Tuesday Teasers: Wolf Hally by Hilary Mantel



Tuesday Teasers is hosted by Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:


Grab your current read and let the book fall open to a random page and share two sentences from somewhere on that page as well as the title and author of the book. Please avoid spoilers! Read the official Tuesday Teaser Rules.




My teaser this week is from Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. From page 99:

'When in Italy he had picked up a snake for a bet, he had to hold it till they counted ten. They counted, rather slowly, in the slower languages: eins, zwei, drei ... At four, the startled snake flicked its head and bit him.'

6 comments:

Willa on August 24, 2010 at 8:02 AM said...

I hope you enjoy Wolf Hall, it is a great novel isn't it? :)

Marce on August 24, 2010 at 8:44 AM said...

Interesting teaser.

My TT

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesday-hunger-games-and.html

Alayne on August 24, 2010 at 11:38 AM said...

Eek! Kind of scary! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Elizabeth on August 24, 2010 at 12:16 PM said...

I have Wolf Hall on my TBR list.


Stop by my blog for a Tuesday Teaser, Mailbox Monday, and a review of I'd Know you Anywhere by Laura Lippman.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Staci on August 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM said...

There is no way I would hold a snake!! No way!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on August 24, 2010 at 10:41 PM said...

I keep putting this one off for some reason. ENJOY, then maybe I will :)

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)