Books Bought!





My friend Cindy hosts this meme of books bought during the past week.


I bought two books last week at a local used bookstore. I know what you're thinking...why would she buy books at a used bookstore when she's already got her own store where she can pick and choose to her heart's desire?? Well, the answer is simple: I didn't have these particular books and I wanted them. So there!


The first book is Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson. It's a book I borrowed from a friend and I've been reading it very slowwwly over the past couple of weeks. It's not that the book isn't good, but along with being ridiculously busy I'm also reading three books at the same time. Now that I've bought my own used copy I can return my friend's book and not worry I'll forget or it'll get lost somehow.

The second book is The Revenge of Captain Paine by Andrew Pepper. I have the first book in this historical mystery thriller series and was looking out for the second. (Can you tell I'm genre-challenged??).

6 comments:

bermudaonion on October 19, 2009 at 8:39 AM said...

You've got it bad. I can't wait to see what you think of Out Stealing Horses.

cindysloveofbooks on October 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM said...

Donna you are too funny.

I take it that you didn't buy that book at your store then? LOL

I hope you enjoy your new books.

Laura at Library of Clean Reads on October 19, 2009 at 11:06 AM said...

Came by your new bookstore this morning to buy some books. Your post last week sure gave me the itch! But I came at the wrong time. I will contact you for the store's phone number. :-)

avisannschild on October 19, 2009 at 5:17 PM said...

You are funny! (But then again, I completely understand.) Enjoy your books!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on October 19, 2009 at 7:26 PM said...

I loved Out Stealing Horses; hope u do too.

Staci on October 19, 2009 at 9:10 PM said...

That made me laugh!! and when you're done with them you can sell them at YOUR store!! LOL!!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)