Waiting on Wednesday




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.







The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood
Publication Date: September 8.


Adam One, the kindly leader of the God’s Gardeners – a religion devoted to the melding of science, religion, and nature – has long predicted a disaster. Now it has occurred, obliterating most human life. Two women remain: Ren, a young dancer locked away in a high-end sex club, and Toby, a former God’s Gardener, who barricades herself inside a luxurious spa. Have others survived? Ren’s bio-artist friend Amanda? Zeb, her eco-fighter stepfather? Her onetime lover, Jimmy? Or the murderous Painballers? Not to mention the CorpSeCorps, the shadowy policing force of the ruling powers… As Adam One and his beleaguered followers regroup, Ren and Toby emerge into an altered world, where nothing – including the animal life – is predictable.


Margaret Atwood is one of my favourite authors - I can't wait for this book to come out!

4 comments:

bermudaonion on August 19, 2009 at 1:05 PM said...

I think everyone's waiting for this one!

Staci on August 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM said...

I read The Handmaid's Tale which scared me a lot!!! Not sure if I want to read this one...I'll let you read it and tell me if I should :) LOL!!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on August 20, 2009 at 2:57 PM said...

I have this one too, but i think it is a sequel so i'll have to get the other book first..LOL

Marce on December 16, 2009 at 10:09 AM said...

I have seen this around so much lately I thought it was out :-)

Here is mine
http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/12/waiting-on-wednesday-caught-by-harlan.html

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)