Books Bought and Blogger Meet-up



My friend Cindy hosts this meme of books bought during the past week.






Cindy and I decided to go on a field trip to research local documentation. In other words we went to Chapters to browse the books. Needless to say we realized some books required further study so we had to purchase them. This is what I brought home:




In the photo there are six Sookie Stackhouse novels. One snuck in there from my current collection - I didn't buy it last week. The other books are A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, The House at Midnight by Lucie Whitehouse, Deaf Sentence by David Lodge, Pavel & I by Dan Vyleta, Red Blooded Murder by Laura Caldwell and Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon.

Yesterday was the blogger meet-up with the Book Bloggers Association of Montreal (BBAM) which included Tina, Cindy, Avis and our newest member Linda Ellen. Representing the BBAM's junior division was Cindy's son, Michael. We chatted about books, authors and our blogs and laughed a lot! These great ladies gave me six books:




The Overlook by Michael Connelly, Deadfall by Patricia H. Rushford and Harrison James and When Darkness Falls by James Grippando are from Linda Ellen; Hollywood is Like Highschool With Money by Zoey Dean is from Tina; Honey, It's All in the Shoes by Phyllis Norton Hoffman is from Cindy and Tethered by Amy MacKinnon is from Avis. I'm looking forward to our next meet-up in September and in October it'll be our one year blogger meet-up anniversary! We should plan something special for that...maybe a trip to a local book research centre, perhaps?

7 comments:

Linda Nguyen on August 3, 2009 at 11:03 AM said...

I love your post! I think I'm just going to smile and giggle to myself every time I read the words research & local documentation. I need to write up a a similar post too. =)

bermudaonion on August 3, 2009 at 11:56 AM said...

Your meet-ups look like so much fun! Are you a bad influence on Cindy or is she a bad influence on you?

Staci on August 3, 2009 at 12:30 PM said...

I would love to meet up with fellow Michigan bloggers!! Loving all of the book purchases you made!!

Literary Feline on August 3, 2009 at 12:39 PM said...

How fun! I think it's so neat that you all are able to meet up like that. There may be a So California book blogger meet up not too far from me next Sunday, but I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to go. :-(

Look at all those great books! Enjoy!

cindysloveofbooks on August 3, 2009 at 2:04 PM said...

OMG I was laughing when I read this post Donna. You are too funny.

Donna just want to point out that Hollywood book was from Tina.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on August 3, 2009 at 7:40 PM said...

WOW...You did get a lot of books! I like Connelly--i think you'll enjoy The Overlook.

Donna on August 3, 2009 at 9:00 PM said...

Thanks, Linda! I loved your post, too.

Kathy, that's a good question. If it wasn't for those Sookie Stackhouse books...

Hi Staci, it is really nice to meet-up with other bloggers. A year ago I never thought I'd being doing that!

Literary Feline, it is really fun. I hope you can make your meet-up.

Thanks for letting me know about that book, Cindy. I had a feeling something wasn't right and couldn't pinpoint it.

Thanks, Diane. I'm looking forward to reading The Overlook (it's not too big!).

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)