Layered Lemon Dessert


This is a labour intensive undertaking, but really worth the effort!

Cookie Layer

250 ml (1 cup) flour
½ cup soft butter
1/3 cup ground almonds
2 Tbsp sugar


Whipped Cream Layer

1 cup whipping cream, whipped


Cream Cheese Layer

8 oz. pkge cream cheese (soft)
½ cup icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla


Lemon Layer

7.5 oz pkge lemon pie filling (I use Sherrif’s)
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup cold water
¼ cup toasted sliced almonds



Directions

1. Mix cookie layer ingredients together until it forms balls and is well combined. Press into 2 L (8 “) pan. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes until golden. Cool.

2. Beat cream cheese layer ingredients together until smooth. Fold into ½ the whipped cream and spread over cold crust.

3. Prepare pie filling according to package directions, omitting butter. Cool to lukewarm stirring occasionally. Spread over cheese layer. Refrigerate until cold.

4. Spread remaining whipped cream over lemon layer. Refrigerate. Garnish with almonds just before serving.

4 comments:

Tina on December 20, 2008 at 10:09 AM said...

I was both drooling and gaining weight just reading about this recipe. Thank you for sharing!!!

I still have problems how to figure out the best way to make Jello that won't flop, but I actually might give this recipe the old college try.

Have a great holiday season.

Literary Feline on December 24, 2008 at 8:45 AM said...

I love any dessert that includes lemon. :-) Thank you for the recipe!

Thank you also for the wonderful SantaThing gift! I opened it up last night when I got home from work and was delighted with what I found. Both are books I am sure I will enjoy. Thank you!

I really like your blog, by the way!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Staci on December 24, 2008 at 1:30 PM said...

sounds delicious!! Wish I was talented in the kitchen but sad to say that I'm not sure I could do this one!! I might try it someday though!! :)

avisannschild on December 24, 2008 at 7:36 PM said...

Yum, this sounds good!

Happy Holidays!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)