Tuesday Teaser:


Tuesday Teasers is hosted by Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:


Grab your current read and let the book fall open to a random page. Share two sentences from somewhere on that page and the title of the book that you’re getting the teaser from. Please avoid spoilers! Read the official Tuesday Teaser Rules.



My teaser is from The Widow's War by Sally Gunning. From page 128:

Lyddie had the good fortune to run into no one along the King's road, but at the intersection with the landing road her luck turned. An old, wasted man limped toward her; once he got close she realized it was no old man at all but Nathan's brother, Silas Clarke, the so-called limp more a list from the usual cause.

2 comments:

Sandy Nachlinger on March 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM said...

I love the author's understatement in your teaser. I'm guessing "the usual cause" is booze. Right?
Here's my Teaser: Sandy's Teaser

Staci on March 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM said...

I am so hoping that you like this one!!!!! I have a copy on my Kindle!!!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)