Mailbox Monday April 4, 2011





In April, Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Amy of Passages to the Past.



Last week I received Mothers and Daughters by Rae Meadows. The back cover of the book reads:

When a box of Iris's belongings arrives on Sam's doorstep, she discovers things about her mother she never knew - or could even guess. But she is puzzled by much of what she finds. She learns that Violet, the woman she knows as her grandmother, left New York City as an eleven-year-old girl and found a better life in the Midwest. But what was the real reason behind Violet's journey? And how could she have come that far on her own at such a tender age?

Mothers and Daughters is a luminous novel about three generations of women, the love they share, the dreams they refuse to surrender, and the secrets they hold.

I've already read the first few pages and it has me very interested! Happy spring reading everyone!

11 comments:

Mystica on April 4, 2011 at 6:27 AM said...

I like family sagas and three generations of women must be interesting reading.

bermudaonion on April 4, 2011 at 9:09 AM said...

It looks good, so I'm glad to see it's starting out good.

cindysloveofbooks on April 4, 2011 at 11:04 AM said...

Sounds good Donna. I love the cover.

Wrighty on April 4, 2011 at 12:18 PM said...

I love your photo with the reader and the daffodils! I can't wait to do that myself but no flowers here yet.

I saw that book last week and it sounds so good. Beautiful cover too!

avisannschild on April 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM said...

This one sounds good and I like the cover too! (I hope it has some relevance to the story, though.)

Mary (Bookfan) on April 4, 2011 at 2:44 PM said...

I've seen this in several mailboxes today. I hope it's a good read!

Wendi on April 4, 2011 at 3:12 PM said...

Ohhh - I'm so curious about this book. It sounds great, and I wonder what the secret is.

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Kaye on April 4, 2011 at 4:46 PM said...

Sounds promising! Have a great week and happy reading. My MM is here

Staci on April 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM said...

I received this one too...looks great doesn't it/???

Elizabeth on April 4, 2011 at 7:34 PM said...

Great cover...sounds like a good book.

Stopping by from the linky on Passages To The Past.

Elizabeth
http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Beth(bookaholicmom) on April 4, 2011 at 9:49 PM said...

I received this also and am looking forward to reading it.

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)