Waiting on Wednesday: A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley





Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.





I love these books and can't wait for A Red Herring Without Mustard to come out this February 8th. This delightful series written by Alan Bradley is described on Doubleday's website:

In the third installment of this bestselling, award-winning, sister-poisoning, bicycle-riding, murder-investigating, mad, merry, and utterly captivating series, Flavia de Luce must clear a woman''s name to prevent a grave injustice, while herself trying to avoid an early (and unjust) grave!

Flavia de Luce has enraptured critics, scooped up accolades, and enchanted readers the world over . . . all before her thirteenth birthday! In this wild, wonderful mystery - the third is this madcap series - Flavia comes to the rescue when a gypsy is charged with the abduction of a local child. Flavia must draw upon her encyclopedic knowledge of poisons - and gypsy lore - to prevent a grave miscarriage of justice, and to solve a greater - and far more personal - mystery: What really happened to her long-vanished mother?

10 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on January 26, 2011 at 6:49 AM said...

I like this author a lot and have read his first 2 books.

Kaye on January 26, 2011 at 8:03 AM said...

Ooh, sounds good to me!! Have a wonderful and happy reading. Here's my WOW

Unknown on January 26, 2011 at 8:40 AM said...

A superb pick! It looks really intereasting. Happy Reading :)
Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

nomadreader on January 26, 2011 at 10:18 AM said...

I still haven't read the first in the series, but I've heard so many great things!

bermudaonion on January 26, 2011 at 1:15 PM said...

I love the title of that one!

Unknown on January 26, 2011 at 1:31 PM said...

This sounds really good! I'm a new follower! Check out my WoW here: WoW

Nikki - Notes of Life on January 26, 2011 at 3:25 PM said...

I haven't read The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie yet, however I did get a copy of The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag to review (which I enjoyed). I really must get Sweetness, so I can then get A Red Herring. I really do love his titles!

BLHmistress on January 26, 2011 at 4:17 PM said...

Hadn't read any of his books but it does sound intriguing hope you get to enjoy it.

My WOW

A Social Pastime on January 26, 2011 at 5:00 PM said...

This sounds like a really interesting series I could read - thanks for sharing :)

Mostly Reading YA

joyh82 on January 26, 2011 at 5:10 PM said...

I read the first Flavia de Luce book, I have to get busy...lol
Have a great week reading!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)