Mailbox Monday January 17, 2011



In January, Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Rose City Reader.





Last week I received A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I can't wait to start this one - it's been compared to The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, one of my very favourite novels.




I also received a book I bought from Book Depository. I saw The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie recommended somewhere (I think it was viaLibraryThing). This is the first book of a trilogy that just looked too good to pass by.

Last, but not least, I received five books from Cindy:




The Snow Globe by Sheila Roberts

Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita K. Paul


Finding Father Christmas and Engaging Father Christmas both by Robin Jones Gunn


and:

Simon's Cat by Simon Tofield

Thanks for all the books, Cindy!

11 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on January 17, 2011 at 7:59 AM said...

A Discovery of Witches sounds good; enjoy all of your new books.

DCMetroreader on January 17, 2011 at 8:02 AM said...

I adored Simon's Cat -- hope you do too!

Mystica on January 17, 2011 at 8:07 AM said...

I like the look of Simon's Cat.

bermudaonion on January 17, 2011 at 8:34 AM said...

Those should keep you busy for a while. My sister is reading - and loving - A Discovery of Witches.

cindysloveofbooks on January 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM said...

Donna alot of people got Discovery of witches. I am sure you will enjoy it because I know you enjoyed the Historian.

Enjoy the books I gave you. Thanks for taking them my shelves appreciate it :)

Holly on January 17, 2011 at 12:06 PM said...

Discovery of Witches sounds great. I will have to add this one to my WL:) Happy reading!

Staci on January 17, 2011 at 4:56 PM said...

Hopefully I'll get the Witches book too!! Loving all your snow themed books!!

Literary Feline on January 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM said...

Discovery of Witches is one I'll definitely have to look for. I loved The Historian too. I just packed away The Blade Itself, but I hope to get to it one day.

Enjoy all your new books, Donna!

TheBookGirl on January 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM said...

You got a lovely selection of books this week. That cover on Simon's Cat is priceless :)

Hope you enjoy your week reading!

April on January 18, 2011 at 1:03 PM said...

What great books!!! Snow Globe is excellent as are the Gunn books. Have fun with your new treasures!

Gilion at Rose City Reader on January 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM said...

Good batch of books! And I love your snowman mailbox picture.

Thanks for participating in Mailbox Monday!

Rose City Reader

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)