Book Bloggers Unite!




I've been trying to plan my blog posts in advance on weekends since I have little time during the week to devote to my blog. This led me to think of all the things I've been doing lately that would indicate, if one didn't know otherwise, that I'm a blogger. Then I thought of what other bloggers I know have said to me about their blogging habits and I knew I just had to do a post about it.

I suspect however that this meme has already been done by someone, but I've no idea who! If you recognize it, please let me know and I'll link to their blog/meme. Thanks!



You know you’re in the presence of a book blogger when s/he:

  • Has several large brown envelopes sitting in their recycling box or worse - strewn about their house waiting to be placed in the recycling box.
  • Can whip out their camera in case an author comes into the room.
  • Jumps up and checks their mail box several times an hour.
  • Jumps up and checks their blog stats several times an hour.
  • Plans their holidays and work schedules around book events and author signings.
  • Is on a first name basis with several publicists and more than a few authors.
  • Has a dedicated calendar for which books are due to be read and reviewed next.
  • Realizes s/he has already read most of the bestsellers on the day they’re released.
  • Is on a first name basis with their mailman/woman, FedEx and UPS delivery guys.
  • Has a UPS/FedEx/Priority Post (fill in your own local delivery service) delivery sticker on their front door.
  • Lives a second life entirely independent from their spouse, with a lingo they can’t understand and somewhat fear.
Ok - that last line was written by husband...can you think of any more?

8 comments:

bermudaonion on October 20, 2009 at 8:21 AM said...

This is funny, but true!

cindysloveofbooks on October 20, 2009 at 9:23 AM said...

OMG Donna that list is me LOL Umm is that a good thing?

I am actually not on a first name bases anymore as they have switched up the delivery guys :(

Thanks for the morning laugh.

Laura at Library of Clean Reads on October 20, 2009 at 9:29 AM said...

Your post made me smile on this gloomy Tuesday morning! How about adding these ones:
- Goes out and buys more books even though the TBR pile is overflowing.
- Automatically gravitates toward the bookstore when in a mall.
-Would rather spend money on books than clothes.
Yup! We sure are a crazy book-loving bunch.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea on October 20, 2009 at 9:38 AM said...

I loved those, and so funny but true.
I'd have to add...

Tells husband running an errand and goes off to bookstore browse instead.

Thrilled when spouse says, "You don't mind if I watch sports today"?..LOL

Lucy on October 20, 2009 at 10:33 AM said...

Oh my! So true!! Funny:)

Missy B. on October 20, 2009 at 11:08 AM said...

Very cute and very true!

Adele on October 20, 2009 at 11:46 AM said...

very funny, there are some more good one's a Striped Armchair http://astripedarmchair.wordpress.com/2009/09/19/you-might-be-a-book-blogger-if/

Staci on October 20, 2009 at 3:40 PM said...

* only worried about if there is an internet connection somewhere on vacation

* calls people by Bookbound instead of real name


Love this !!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)