I've been trying to plan my blog posts in advance on weekends since I have little time during the week to devote to my blog. This led me to think of all the things I've been doing lately that would indicate, if one didn't know otherwise, that I'm a blogger. Then I thought of what other bloggers I know have said to me about their blogging habits and I knew I just had to do a post about it.
I suspect however that this meme has already been done by someone, but I've no idea who! If you recognize it, please let me know and I'll link to their blog/meme. Thanks!
You know you’re in the presence of a book blogger when s/he:
- Has several large brown envelopes sitting in their recycling box or worse - strewn about their house waiting to be placed in the recycling box.
- Can whip out their camera in case an author comes into the room.
- Jumps up and checks their mail box several times an hour.
- Jumps up and checks their blog stats several times an hour.
- Plans their holidays and work schedules around book events and author signings.
- Is on a first name basis with several publicists and more than a few authors.
- Has a dedicated calendar for which books are due to be read and reviewed next.
- Realizes s/he has already read most of the bestsellers on the day they’re released.
- Is on a first name basis with their mailman/woman, FedEx and UPS delivery guys.
- Has a UPS/FedEx/Priority Post (fill in your own local delivery service) delivery sticker on their front door.
- Lives a second life entirely independent from their spouse, with a lingo they can’t understand and somewhat fear.