Mailbox Monday


This meme is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page and Kristi at The Story Siren.

I received two books last week:

The first, sent to me from Random House is a YA book called The Ring of Fire, Book One by P. D. Baccalario. I've read the first few pages and already I'm hooked. In the center of the book there are several pages of coloured drawings and maps which is pretty unusual to have in an ARC. Anyway, this book is going to be fun!




The second is a cookbook called Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms by Jane Doiron. I love cookbooks so I was really happy to have the opportunity to review this one. It's a great-looking book and was accompanied by a really nice hand-written note from the author. I can already tell I like the way the recipes are set out - the font is large enough so I don't have to squint to see it, which I can't stand with some cookbooks. I'll be trying out some of the recipes this week and will report back on my creations!

5 comments:

cindysloveofbooks on September 21, 2009 at 9:35 AM said...

Donna we will have to compare notes on the recipes we make. Love the cookbook too. Bon Appetite. :)

What did P say about the cookbook? LOL

bermudaonion on September 21, 2009 at 9:40 AM said...

The cookbook looks great! Just looking at the cover makes me hungry.

Linda Nguyen on September 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM said...

Ring of Fire sounds good. The title reminds me of the movie Finding Nemo when all the fish in the fish tank are holding a ceremony to welcome Nemo, I think. I can't remember. Lol, that was off topic.

I think having charts or maps in books are great. Have fun reading your books! =)

Laura at Library of Clean Reads on September 21, 2009 at 11:23 PM said...

Looking forward to reading your reviews for both books. I could use a cookbook about making meals ahead of time. Sounds like the perfect cookbook for busy moms!

Staci on September 22, 2009 at 5:35 PM said...

Those both look great!! I could use that cookbook!!!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)