Friday Lunch Meet-ups


Often on Fridays I meet with my friend Cindy for lunch at a local restaurant called The Den. We talk about many book-related topics such as books we've received in the past week, our current reads, the latest news in the blogging world and any upcoming author tours that we might be interested in attending. As a matter of fact, the first time I met Cindy was at a signing for Heather O'Neill's Lullabies for Little Criminals. Cindy was ahead of me in line and when it was her turn to have her book signed, she turned to me and asked if I could take a picture of her and Heather. I obliged of course. That was a year ago, and coincidentally shortly after, someone on LT organized a meet-up with Montreal bloggers and contacted both Cindy and me. So about a month later we met again in a little teashop with Tina and Avis. Now a fifth blogger, Linda, has joined us. I think we are slowly taking over the tea shop!


When I realized that both me and one of the bloggers lived in the same town, I suggested we meet at The Den for lunch. We did and that was the start of our bi-weekly meet-ups. They lasted perhaps six months before we started meeting every week. It just seemed the natural thing to do - at the end of a busy work week, Friday afternoon lunch with Cindy at the Den seemed a perfect start to the weekend. I can't remember if it was our first or second meet-up when Cindy and I realized that it was me who had taken her picture at Heather O'Neill's book signing. We're going to go to Kelly Armstrong's signing in October here in Montreal and I'm hoping to take Cindy's and the author's pic then too.

At our last Friday lunch, Cindy was kind enough to pass along two books to me:



Jill Mansell's third book in the series is Millie's Fling. I'm also looking forward to reading Kaleb Nation's book, Bran Hambric, The Farfield Curse. Thanks, Cindy!

9 comments:

bermudaonion on September 30, 2009 at 8:58 AM said...

What a great story! Cindy is so sweet, so I'm sure your lunches are a blast.

Tina on September 30, 2009 at 12:11 PM said...

How fun for you to have such a friend. May you continue to have many lunches far together far into the future. I hope you fill us in every once in awhile on your mutual finds.

Tina on September 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM said...

Nice post Donna!!! But you forgot to mention the food at The Den - especially the yummy! bread!!!!!

Linda Nguyen on September 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM said...

Wow, I didn't know that was how Cindy and you met. It great that you get to meet for lunch, and you're right that it's a great way to start the weekend. =)

I've never been to the Den, but I guess it's good if you keep going back. =) I know Cindy loved Bran Hambric. She's also good with giving away books too. Hope you're enjoy the books! =)

cindysloveofbooks on September 30, 2009 at 2:11 PM said...

Happy Anniversary Donna LOL

I think it was the first meeting perhaps when we put it all together about where we met before.

So I can go on record as saying that Donna is my photographer when we go to author events LOL

Luanne on September 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM said...

How wonderful Donna that you've made such a wonderful friend through books!!

Staci on September 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM said...

I would love to meet all of you at the tea shop...sounds like great friendships, conversations, and a great time!!

Lucy on September 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM said...

Hi:) What a great post- I was just at Cindy's place and read her wonderful post about your friendship:) I'm in Montreal too- we'll have to meet some day! I'm adding you to my blogroll.

avisannschild on October 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM said...

Hee-hee, I'm glad to have been that mysterious someone! I must say that was a bit out of character for me to suggest that we all meet up, but I'm so glad I did it!

Wonder how many other book blogging Montrealers there are out there...?

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)