Books Bought and Mailbox Monday



My friend Cindy hosts this meme of books bought during the past week.







I bought several books on a shopping spree trip to Chapters last week. Cindy and I, along with my daughter, went to the bookstore to browse and enjoy a refreshment. A couple of hours later, I believe it was only my daughter who managed to come out unscathed. She shook her head at me sadly as I struggled, arms loaded with bags of books up the front steps to my house. Meanwhile, Cindy, who had kindly given us a lift to the store and dropped us off, was hard put to stop laughing as she watched from her car.

I also happened to be passing by another used bookstore in a couple of towns over and couldn't resist going in. Ok, and there's the local used bookstore too. So, these were my purchases:




From the local used bookstore:

  • A Harvest of Bones by Yasmine Galenorn
  • The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne (have always wanted to read this)

From the used bookstore a couple of towns over:

  • A Mind to Murder by P.D. James
  • Mistress of the Sun by Sandra Gulland
And from the shopping trip with Cindy:

  • The Vows of Silence by Susan Hill
  • Along Came a Spider by James Patterson
  • The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
  • An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear
  • Pardonable Lies by Jacqueline Winspear
  • Interred with Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell

Along with these I bought a cookbook and several books for my husband. He's almost finished the Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell and I bought him the last two books.


This meme is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page and Kristi at The Story Siren.

I received just one book last week:


The Shimmer by David Morrell





Thanks to FSB Associates for sending me this book to review!

7 comments:

avisannschild on August 31, 2009 at 2:13 PM said...

Whoo-hoo, you bought a lot of books! I hope you don't mind that I copied you this week and posted a "Books Bought + Mailbox Monday" post too.

bermudaonion on August 31, 2009 at 2:30 PM said...

I can just picture Cindy sitting in her car chuckling! Book shopping sprees are so much fun!

Cindy on August 31, 2009 at 7:44 PM said...

Kathy it was so funny to see. Next time I will have to tape it on my camera and post it LOL

Literary Feline on September 1, 2009 at 1:33 AM said...

I'm trying to be good and not buy any books right now (my birthday's coming up and I always hope my family will buy me something off my list--they never do, but I always hope just the same. It's not like I need books though. That's what they keep telling me). Ho hum.

I've been really curious about Yasmine Galenorn's books. They sound so interesting.

I hope you enjoy Mind to Murder. I really like P.D. James!

Enjoy your new books!

Michael on September 1, 2009 at 1:12 PM said...

No worries, you'll soon see book buying sprees going on in your own store soon enough. Looking forward to the photos.

Diane on September 1, 2009 at 10:26 PM said...

The Shimmer looks great doesn't it? I got this one too!

Nonna (Chèli) on September 2, 2009 at 10:27 PM said...

Check out my blog and see the award you won!

Cheli
Cheli's Shelves

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)