Mailbox Monday


I haven’t had many books in a while so haven’t participated for the last few Mondays. But last Friday I had lunch with Cindy and she brought me several books as well as the prize that I won from her Earth Day contest. The books I got from Cindy are:

An Offer You Can’t Refuse by Jill Mansell;




Secrets to Happiness by Sarah Dunn;



A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick;












The Girl She Used to by By David Cristofano.







In the Earth Day contest I won:

Haley’s Hints Green Edition


A reusable tote bag (which came in handy for all the books I was taking home)
A recycled notepad
Recycled pencils

Many thanks Cindy!

I also received a book from Tina - Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce - via Cindy (they had a meet-up on Thursday). So, thanks to Tina also.

This fun meme is thanks to Marcia from The Printed Page.

I have such fun on our Friday lunches. Cindy and I talk about books (of course), the latest ARCs and which ones we got the past week (not a lot there to talk about for me though), reviews, blogs, book fairs/sales and the BEA. Not to mention the doings going on in our respective neighbourhoods. It's something to look forward to at the beginning of what I know will be a long week! I also have to say that I look forward to the monthly meet-up with Avis, Tina and Cindy where we also discuss the above and have the most interesting conversations! Owing to vacation schedules, this will be the first month since October (I think) that all four of us won't be able to meet. Happy to say though that Tina will visit Cindy's and my neck of the woods in May to attend the annual friends of the library book sale at Pointe-Claire library.

7 comments:

bermudaonion on May 10, 2009 at 5:26 PM said...

You and Cindy are so lucky to be able to get together so often. I'm envious. The Girl She Used to Be is great!

Tina on May 10, 2009 at 5:30 PM said...

Hi Donna: I am dying to hear what you thought of the book.

Yes, it is quite fun to get together and talk "books" and "life". I told Cindy that I was really starting to get use to being home in the afternoon and being able to "do" tea with her. We missed you and Avis at our last get together!!!

Donna on May 10, 2009 at 5:59 PM said...

Thanks bermuda! Yes, I know we are lucky. Glad to hear you liked that book - I'm looking forward to reading it.

Donna on May 10, 2009 at 6:02 PM said...

Hi Tina,

I'm looking forward to summer when I go on shorter hours at work - I could get used to it too. I'll let you know for sure when I read the book - my daughter is going to read it too. Thanks!

Cindys on May 10, 2009 at 8:35 PM said...

Donna I love our lunch meetings. Its great to break up the week and its nice to see what use to be twice a month lunches turning into a weekly lunch meeting. I will miss that week your in NYC at BEA.

Also love our monthly meet ups too. It seems strange not to have one this month.

Looking forward to the booksale in two weeks. I need more books like I need a hole in the head. Stop me from buying them okay? :)

avisannschild on May 11, 2009 at 1:03 PM said...

Waah, I'm so bummed that I'm going to miss seeing you guys this month (and miss the library sale)! But then I can't complain too much since I'm going to be in Whistler instead. I'm also a little bit jealous of your Friday lunches! Enjoy your books, Donna!

Luanne on May 17, 2009 at 12:24 PM said...

Cindy has passed on some great books. I see you're reading Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. I absolutely adored this book!

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)