Review: KITTY GOES TO WASHINGTON




Again, thank you to Miriam from Hachette for sending me this book!

This is the second book in the ‘Kitty’ series following the adventures of Kitty Norville, late night DJ and sometime werewolf. The story here follows on the heels of Kitty and the Midnight Hour where the DJ dealt with pack rivalry and mayhem while trying to host her ever more popular radio show.

In Kitty Goes to Washington, Kitty leaves her home base and travels across country visiting various studios and broadcasting her shows from them. We are treated to the reappearance of some of the characters from the first book and one of them, her lawyer, tells Kitty (while on her way to the next studio) that a senate committee has been convened to look into the recent phenomena of other worldly beings – namely vampires and werewolves and what role if any, the government should take in regard to them. Kitty has been invited to Washington to testify as an expert witness. As she makes her way to there in her trusty hatchback, Kitty wrestles with the issues about why the government is involved, what their true agenda is and whether on not that will be a good thing.

Once in Washington, Kitty meets Arlette, a centuries-old vampire. Not sure if she can trust Arlette or her minions, Kitty treads carefully under Arlette’s watchful eye. It’s not long though, before she meets up with others of her species, including a very handsome were-jaguar. Thrown into the mix is a dark ‘fairy’, a reporter with questionable ethics, an amiable psychic and Leo, a smirking but sophisticated vampire. Add Cormac and Kitty’s lawyer, Ben and you have another fun, fast read.

I seem to be running through these books as I know now that I can count on surefire, comedic, light read that won’t leave me feeling slightly depressed like some of the ‘heavier’ books I’ve been reading lately. I’m looking forward to starting the next in the series, Kitty Takes a Holiday.

5 comments:

bermudaonion on March 30, 2009 at 2:05 PM said...

I've been surprised at how much people have liked these books. Great review.

Staci on March 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM said...

I did this when I stumbled upon Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. I checked out 1,2,3 loved them, went back to the library the next day and got all of the others up to 9 (at that time). I've been toying with the idea of reading this series for a while now.....you will probably put me over the edge into picking them up soon at the library..THANKS!!

cindysloveofbooks on March 31, 2009 at 8:34 PM said...

Great Review Donna. I have my review set to post for this book on the 3rd and I mentioned your review at the end of it.

I am really enjoying this series too. Can't wait to read more of your reviews Donna.

avisannschild on April 2, 2009 at 2:47 PM said...

Just wanted to let you know I've given you an award!

Margo on June 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM said...

I love how your review is funny! Thanks for the good review and I look forward to seeing what else you say about the series.

And to Staci - you'll love all the Steph. Plum Book. Are you caught up with them all (to # 14 - the 15th comes out soon!! :)

 

BookBound ♣ ♣ ♣ Mamanunes Templates ♣ ♣ ♣ Inspira��o: Templates Ipietoon
Ilustra��o: Gatinhos - tubes by Jazzel (Site desativado)